South Sea Pearls
– Pearls that are harvest in the Pinctada maxima mollusk. These mollusk come in two different varieties: Silver-lipped and Gold-lipped.
– It is currently cultured in the Australia, Philippines, Indonesia, and Myanmar.
– They are the largest harvested pearls. The size range between 9mm up to 21mm. (The largest we’ve carried was 20.8mm)
Japanese Salt Water Akoya
– It’s the first bead-nucleated pearl grown in Pinctada fucata martensii and Pinctada fucata chemnitzii mollusk. This technique was patented by Kokichi Mikimoto (Japan, 1916).
– 95% of the of the production comes from Japan.
– Almost always perfectly round with cream, rose, or silver overtone.
– The earliest freshwater pearls were called blister pearls from China. The person who invented the culturing of blister pearls was called Yu Shun Yang from the early 1200s.
– Freshwater pearls are grown in freshwater mussels that live in ponds, lakes, and rivers.
– The mussel used today is a hybrid breed of the Japanese Biwa (Hyriospis schlegelii) and a triangle mussel.
14k/18k Gold Jewelry & Accessories
– 14k / 18k gold clasp for pearls.
– Accessories to compliment your pearl clasp: spacers, bars, roundels, etc.
– 14k / 18k gold settings for rings and earrings.
– Custom design gold jewelry with pearls.
Yen's Jewelry is a family business and established it's name in 1994. Since then, the company strive to carry a variety of pearls. It started with a pair of loose pearls to loving and carrying more and more pearls.
We deal directly with the farmers and the professionals who match and put the necklaces together. Each year, we fly many times directly to these sources to handpick the pearls that we bring to the market in USA.
American Gem Trade Association
The American Gem Trade Association (AGTA) is an association of United States and Canadian trade professionals dedicated to promoting the long term stability and integrity of the natural colored gemstone and Cultured Pearl industries. The Association pursues its goals through the combined use of educational programs, publicity, industry events, government and industry relations, and printed materials for both the trade and consumer. The AGTA is well-known in the gemstone and jewelry industries for maintaining the highest ethical standards.
Cultured Pearl Association of America, Inc
The Cultured Pearl Association of America, Inc is a non profit group founded in 1957, comprised of the finest manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, dealers and suppliers of Cultured Pearls in the United States.
National Chinese American Jewelry Association
The National Chinese American Jewelry Association (NCAJA) was founded in November 1987 as a non-profit organization aimed at providing assistance and services to mainly first generation naturalized Asian American jewelers in the United States.
Dear All, We’ve recently decided to revamp the company website to try to show more to the customers. In the beginning when we registered this domain name, it’s main purpose was to hold the domain name and use the URL as an email address, and maybe display a little info about the company and our[…]