South Sea Pearls
– Pearls that are harvest in the Pinctada maxima mollusk. These mollusk come in two different varieties: Silver-lipped and Gold-lipped.
– It is currently cultured in the Australia, Philippines, Indonesia, and Myanmar.
– They are the largest harvested pearls. The size range between 9mm up to 21mm. (The largest we’ve carried was 20.8mm)
Japanese Salt Water Akoya
– It’s the first bead-nucleated pearl grown in Pinctada fucata martensii and Pinctada fucata chemnitzii mollusk. This technique was patented by Kokichi Mikimoto (Japan, 1916).
– 95% of the of the production comes from Japan.
– Almost always perfectly round with cream, rose, or silver overtone.
– The earliest freshwater pearls were called blister pearls from China. The person who invented the culturing of blister pearls was called Yu Shun Yang from the early 1200s.
– Freshwater pearls are grown in freshwater mussels that live in ponds, lakes, and rivers.
– The mussel used today is a hybrid breed of the Japanese Biwa (Hyriospis schlegelii) and a triangle mussel.
14k/18k Gold Jewelry & Accessories
– 14k / 18k gold clasp for pearls.
– Accessories to compliment your pearl clasp: spacers, bars, roundels, etc.
– 14k / 18k gold settings for rings and earrings.
– Custom design gold jewelry with pearls.
Yen's Jewelry is a family business and established it's name in 1994. Since then, the company strive to carry a variety of pearls. It started with a pair of loose pearls to loving and carrying more and more pearls.
We deal directly with the farmers and the professionals who match and put the necklaces together. Each year, we fly many times directly to these sources to handpick the pearls that we bring to the market in USA.
The American Gem Trade Association (AGTA) is an association of United States and Canadian trade professionals dedicated to promoting the long term stability and integrity of the natural colored gemstone and Cultured Pearl industries. The Association pursues its goals through the combined use of educational programs, publicity, industry events, government and industry relations, and printed materials for both the trade and consumer. The AGTA is well-known in the gemstone and jewelry industries for maintaining the highest ethical standards. Member listing can be found here: http://agta.org/info/agta-source-directory-member-1005013.html
The National Chinese American Jewelry Association (NCAJA) was founded in November 1987 as a non-profit organization aimed at providing assistance and services to mainly first generation naturalized Asian American jewelers in the United States. More info can be found here - http://ncaja.com/index.php
The Cultured Pearl Association of America, Inc is a non profit group founded in 1957, comprised of the finest manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, dealers and suppliers of Cultured Pearls in the United States.
Just got a notification today from Square that they are offering special support for our commerce backend. We decided to take a shot and integrate everything together. This integration also forced us to update the site with new SSL support. Now customers are able to checkout using 2 options; one using Paypal or just entering Read more about 10/20/17 – Square Payment seamlessly integrated[…]
Dear Customers, We are ramping up the process of getting the online inventory up and adding new details. As of right now: Paypal payment method added. (We will use this to start out. In the future, we plan on using our own secure checkout method or look into other sources. As of right now, paypal Read more about 8/3/17 – Ramping up![…]
Find us on Instagram or Facebook. Click on the icons below: Click “Follow” (Instagram) Click “Like” (Facebook) You may use the sources above to contact us directly via “Direct Message” (Instagram) or “Private Message” (Facebook)
Dear All, We’ve recently decided to revamp the company website to try to show more to the customers. In the beginning when we registered this domain name, it’s main purpose was to hold the domain name and use the URL as an email address, and maybe display a little info about the company and our Read more about 11/9/2015 – Under Construction[…]